Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Day = Sewing Day

The rockstar was gone all day Thursday. He drove all the way to St. George with friends just to go golfing and drive back. He's crazy, but that's why we love him! So I spent the day sleeping in and sewing. I know, it doesn't look like much when I say I spent the whole day, but I'm not the best seamstress. There's a lot of unpicking and re-doing involved when I sew. Plus, I was making up the patterns as I went, which means even more unpicking and re-doing. But I'm happy with the end product.
First, I made new Christmas stockings. Yeah, Christmas is over, but I knew if I left it until next year it wouldn't happen. We've previously just been using generic red and white stockings. I like these much better. I got the fabric and trim at JoAnn's.


I also made a new purse. My old one was getting pretty dingy. I got the fabric at the fabric store in Gardner Village, and made the pipping out of spare fabric. It's pretty small, but it fits everything I need, and has a special pocket inside that's the perfect size for my phone. The orange looks pretty bright in the pictures, but it's not quite so psychedelic in person.



8 comments:

pam said...

Love your new purse and Christmas stockings! It was fun to go shopping with you to pick out your fabric. I have for many years used the week between Christmas and New Years Day to make Christmas things that didn't get done earlier,then you're all set for the next Christmas with something new. This year I pointed 3 new Nutcrackers.

Sarah said...

nice work! Love that purse!

Tracy said...

I love Gardner Village. Seriously, next time you make a trip up there call me. I'm always looking for an excuse to go there.

p.s. i love the earings!

Nancy said...

very cute Angela, I love them all.

Becky said...

Cute, cute! I look forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks!

karla said...

Hooray for sewing days! And nice work on the purse - I wish I was cool enough to know how to do piping...

Michelle said...

cute cute angela!

Michelle said...

Are you free Thursday night? We were thinking about watching HSM that night.