Friday, January 23, 2009

De. Lish. Ous

I made this limeade last night for a little get-together, and man, it was tasty! It's supposed to be like Tucano's limeade if you've ever had that, and if you haven't, just make this, because it's pretty much spot on. My husband would tell you that I have an unusual affinity for limes, and try to put them on everything, but he likes this too, so I know it's not just me. Let me know what you think!



Tucano's Limeade

Brazilian Lemonade (Limeade)
2 Limes
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 cups cold water
Wash the limes and cut off both ends. then cut into 8 wedges. Place all of the limes and the rest of the ingredients in a blender (keep the rinds on). Blend thoroughly. Then strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove rinds and pulp. Serve over crushed ice and add a lime wedge garnish.

The recipe only makes about 4 cups of liquid, so you might want to double it depending on how many servings you're looking for. Enjoy!

Also, a very happy birthday wish to two women who I know love limes as much as I do. My mom and sister!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

yum-o Ange, that sounds awesome, kind of funny as Dallas has been begging me to make some limeade for him to try, but I told him he had to wait til we moved away from our lemon tree, maybe you've made a liar out of me!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

very delish!!! I agree!

Becky said...

Ooooo, angie, I have made this recipe before and I must say it is fabulous! Thanks for reminding me about it and we'll make it soon. Like tomorrow!

stacey said...

I do not like limes. Tyson loves them and always tries to sneak lime juice in our food, especially Mexican dishes. I may have to try this out for Tyson though because he loves limeade.

Michelle said...

K -- this drink was perfect! Good job Angela!

Mandy said...

I love Tucano's limeade. Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to make this!