I've been reading everywhere, as I'm sure a lot of you have, about tragic plane crash that left this couple in critical condition. I have a tendency to feel so helpless when I hear about things like this. Fortunately, there are people in this world who don't flounder like me. They act. And they encourage the rest of us to join in. Leslie, who's blog I've loved ever since she was a guest mom on Design Mom, has invited any interested to participate in a blog auction on her site, and since I'm certain she has more readers in a week than I get in a year, I figured I'd participate in hers. She will be auctioning off the below necklace, as well as a pair of earrings. Please tell your friends and of course, bid away, because you've been wanting those earrings for a while now anyways, and this time it's all going to the worthiest of causes. Auctioning begins this Thursday and goes all weekend. Spread the word, and by all means, auction off your own items. Every little bit helps.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
The first of our harvest! This pepper is supposed to be all yellow, but only got sun on one side, so we'll let it finish ripening in the window.
And we have one jalapeno pepper so far, but there is the promise of several more in the future.
And this last one's for Karla. They're still alive!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- This DVD - Great to throw in while you're cleaning or making dinner
- This Lotion - I just love the way it smells.
- This Farmer's Market - a big bag of delicious apples for one buck!
- This Face Wash - It's a little weird at first, but I'm a big fan.
- This Blush - It has a powder finish, but lasts longer.
- This Ribbon - The first spool on the post.
- This Painting - It's weird, but I kind of love it.
- These Soft Sculptures - Because they're more art than toy.
- This shop - Okay, so I haven't actually been there, but who wants to go check it out with me?
And a late addition to the list:
10. This Mobile - Complete with instructions on making your own!