Monday, May 19, 2008

Look What Popped Up in my Backyard!


I think it's a tiny little Morel mushroom. No, I didn't eat it. You can never be too safe with mushrooms. Ugly little bugger, too.

6 comments:

Austin said...

People fed me mushrooms on my mission that they had found in the woods. You better believe THAT made me nervouse. Best to not ingest if you don't know exactly what it is.

Sheri Willardson said...

We get mushrooms in our yard too-they are not as bad as the dead BAT we found in our backyard a few days ago! Can you believ it? Hope its ok if I check out and comment on your blog (you should have the link to mine too.)PS-Your short hair is very cute!

Angela said...

Sheri-
That would be a not-fun discovery! And you're always welcome to read and comment. In fact, it's incouraged. I can't read your blog when Weed's not around though, because you invited him and not me, and I can never remember his password.

karla said...

Oh, man - morels are tasty! My dad has made me a morel sandwich before - it was good!

Becky said...

Never had a morel in my life. Lots of morals, no morels.

BUT you gotta check out this TED talk I saw podcasted recently about FUNGUS. It is gonna CHANGE THE WORLD, Ange. Seriously, fungus is on its way to being ultra cool in the green world.

Nevertheless, I applaud your morel free diet decision. Safety first.

pam said...

When I was a little girl, we would stop along the dirt road on the way to my Aunt Emma's and pick wild mushrooms. In those days either nobody worried about poisonous mushrooms or my parents just knew that that particular variety was O.K. Anyways, they were really good. Maybe that is why I like mushrooms to this day.