Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dachshund Lamp

Back in August, I made my first purchase for the nursery. It is a lamp shaped like a dachshund. I think it's adorable, and it gives off the perfect amount of light to be an ideal night light. I love it. When I tried to explain it to people, they gave me lots of interesting looks. I would try to reassure them, "I know it sounds weird, but I promise it's really cute!" I don't know if anyone believes me until they see it. I thought I'd post pictures for those of you that my have heard about it, but hadn't seen it in person yet. Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks it is the perfect accessory for a child's room. Look at all the pictures below of other peoples nurseries and children's rooms with this lamp. And these are just ones that I've happened upon while doing my blog surfing, not specifically looking for this lamp.




link

So there, I'm not crazy weird, I'm crazy like a fox (or dachshund).
Our nursery is still a work-in-progress, but I promise to post pictures once it's all done!

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh, wow, yeah, definitely WAY cuter than I could have imagined. Way to go - luv it!

abby said...

i love it! where did you buy it?

Angela said...

Abby-
I got it online. You can get it several places, but I got it here because they had free shipping:
http://www.designpublic.com/shop/offi/5462

Nancy said...

here I thought you were posting pics of YOUR nursery, I'm still waiting... And yes I love the dog, but don't know how to spell it.

Aarean Jergensen said...

i like it. who cares what other people think. its adorable!

Audrey said...

So Cute, Love it!!!!

pam said...

Not wierd at all. Really cute. Show us more.

Becky said...

I love that you love the dachshund lamp. I love it, and you, too.