Monday, February 4, 2008

Won't You Be Mine?

If you don't have plans for Valentine's Day, here's an idea. Brian and I will be going to the opening reception for a new exhibition at the BYU Museum of Art, "Masterworks of Victorian Art". Admission is free, and there will be refreshments and music*. We actually went to the MOA for Valentine's last year, too. We went to a lecture by one of my favorite religion teachers, where he talked about "Charity, the Pure Love of Christ". Good talk.


*Brian actually was part of the live music at another BYU Museum opening reception, for "Disenchanted Forest; Contemporary Art by Johnston Foster". Didn't I mention he was a rock star? It was a pretty interesting exhibit. Foster creates found object, anamatronic sculpture. One of those things that you have to see in person. And to go along with Foster's playful artwork, refreshments were gummy worms, oreos, PB&J sandwiches, M&M's, you get the idea, and of course, the musical stylings of the now defunct, Nolens Volens.

4 comments:

karla said...

I saw the Foster exhibition - crazy! I just wish I could have experienced the awesome opening band with it, and the PB&J sandwiches and gummy worms.

austinmcraig said...

Maybe I'll see you there. Is it lame to not come with a Valentine or anything?

Angela said...

No need for a Valentime. I've heard art galleries are a great place to pick up chicks.

Brian said...

Thanks for remembering! It was possibly the coolest/wierdest show I've ever played.