Saturday, February 16, 2008

V-Day Recap

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! I've got a pretty sweet Valentine. He brought me some beautiful roses, and some of these (he knows I love them). Nice, huh?


Then we went to the museum exhibit to enjoy beautiful Victorian artwork. I did, however, forget to dress up like a Victorian Woman. I'll have to do that next time. Steve and Emily came over after for delicious Chocolate Cheesecake. Oh, it's as tasty as it sounds. And surprizingly simple. This is the first cheesecake I learned how to make, and it's probably my favorite. You should try it, so here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
16 oz (two packages) cream cheese, softened or room temperature
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
24 oz. Semi-Sweet chocolate, melted (I told you it was good!)

In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth using a hand beater or stand mixer. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Gradually add melted chocolate while mixing. Once mixture is smooth and homogonous pour into springform pan. Surround pan with foil and cook in a water bath at 300 degrees for 65 minutes. When 65 minutes is up, turn off oven completely and open oven door, allowing the cake to cool in the oven (this will prevent the top of the cake from cracking). I like it best if the cake has been refridgerated for several hours before serving. Brian likes it best with whipped cream on top. I sometimes cook it with a crust made of chocolate graham crackers and butter, but that is optional.


3 comments:

Laurie Craig said...

Glad you enjoyed the art show. I am planning to go by and see it sometime. I have saved the article from the paper to remind me. The roses are beautiful and the chocolate cheese cake sounds great. P.S. this is Pam ouly it will show up as a comment from Laurie

Nancy said...

pretty flowers Ange, maybe next year I can go with you to the museum and you can enlighten me, especially if there's cheesecake afterward! I think you should post the Tyler's ultimate, that really lives up to it's name!

Becky said...

How Romantic! Cheesecake and roses. I love the pictures! I really should have had you give me a little camera lesson while you were here. Come back?